Star Award and Elite Member Award
DATES: July 1, 2016 - June 30, 2017
DESCRIPTION: Two separate award offerings
Note: Members can earn a maximum of one Star Award per category, and a maximum of one Elite Member award.
Description at a Glance Flier
The three categories are Marketing, Education, and Leadership.
1) Sponsor a new member into your club
2) Provide a lead to charter a new club
3) Serve as a club sponsor or club mentor
4) Serve as a successful club coach
5) Organize or support a club open house or membership drive
6) Attend a marketing workshop or coach/sponsor mentor training
7) Organize a Speechcraft program or a Youth Leadership Program
1) Be a club officer and attend District-sponsored officer training
2) Conduct one module from Better Speaker Series to one of your clubs
3) Earn one Communication award (CC, ACB, ACS, ACG)
4) Earn one Leadership award (CL, ALB, ALS, DTM)
5) Present a manual speech or a module from the Better Speaker Series to a club in which you are not a member
6) Attend two education sessions at either or both District Fall or Spring conferences
7) Serve as a volunteer at an Area, Division or District Speech Contest
1) Be a club officer and participate in completing the Club Success Plan for submission to the Area Governor
2) Conduct one module from the Successful Club Series or the Leadership Excellence Series
3) Complete your High Performance Leadership (HPL) project or serve on an HPL Guidance Committee (project must be completed)
4) Serve on a District Committee (Conference, Education & Training, Realignment, etc.)
5) Serve as a District Officer and attend required training or serve as an assistant area or division governor
6) Serve as a trainer at a District-sponsored Toastmasters Leadership Institute (TLI) or Club Officer Training (COT) event
7) Serve as a Contest Chair or Chief Judge at an Area, Division, or District Speech Contest
HOW TO CLAIM: When you have completed all the requirements for an award (five activities in a category or three activities in each of the three categories), submit the award on-line.
Awards will be distributed at the District Conferences.
CONTACT: Program Quality Director Linda Oliver.
NOTE: All Promotion and Award Programs offered by Toastmasters District 55 are subject to change at the discretion of the District Director. They are also limited to the availability of District funds and the availability of the promotional items sold by Toastmasters International as listed in any particular offer.